Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A Prayer Long Overdue

Thank you.

For giving me the most wonderful family a person can ever have. My grandparents were extraordinary. Up until now I don’t think I can ever do anything in my life that would make me deserve them. In fact I think I may have done a few things which would make me deserve them less, but there they were, even after all the stupid mistakes I have commited.

For giving me an intelligent father and industrious mother. Thank you for making me come to terms with the fact that they are human, and for letting me see past their differences and imperfections. They, afterall, produced me and 3 other superb kids whose wit and kindness I can only hope to surpass.

For this job that I complain so much about; I know I should be thankful instead. And I am... I guess words of other people just get to me too much and sometimes I just wish I could be the person everybody expected me to be. But still, I am grateful that every once in a while you remind me of how lucky I am that I am here, I can help my family, and I can still live comfortably and afford some of life's luxuries.

For my friends whom I love so much. I would never have survived without them.

For "him." For giving me someone who loves me as much as he does. I hope that I made the right decision in getting back together with him. Please let me get it right this time, if this is really where I'm supposed to be. I no longer want to commit the same mistakes I have commited in the past.

For making me the person that I am right now. This strong, independent, opinionated woman who a lot of people abhor, but is still loved by a few chosen ones. I would never wish to be anything else other than the person I already am (although I might've dropped a joke or two of wanting to be somebody else in the past). I've come into terms with all my faults, eccentricities and qualities that endear me to the people I love.

For all the people I fought or argued with, for the men who broke my heart.

Even though at times it may seem that I may have been complaining... really, I could not have asked for anything more that I would need to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home